WiHM Special - Ana Xaden


Having joined me previously for a spotlight, I'm thrilled to welcome back Ana Xaden to talk about her recent projects "Darbie's Scream House" and "Friday the 13th: Jason in Indianapolis" as well as some of her other films.

Me: Hello and thank you for agreeing to return! Since last we spoke, you appeared in the film "Darbie’s Scream House" for director Donald Farmer with a stacked cast of talented indie actors and actresses. How did you and the rest of the cast react to the type of film being made?
Ana Xaden: Hi!! So, since the last time you interviewed me, I filmed for 2 movies: Darbie’s Scream House, starring Jessa Flux as Darbie, Mel Heflin as Rodeo Darbie, Angel Bradford as Danger Darbie, Ashleigh Amberlynne as Ditzie Darbie, and me as Tripper Darbie. It is a Donald Farmer film and was such a blast! It was my first time meeting these awesome ladies and my first time on set since 2017, and I was so nervous but absolutely loved my time filming with everyone. This was my 3rd time working with Donald. The film is full of fun! Comedy and horror and boobs!!

I absolutely loved filming Darbie’s Scream House with everyone. The cast was packed with awesome actors and actresses. They are all actual dolls. We had a blast shooting and I loved time getting to know people and seeing them rocking their craft. I was so nervous until meeting everyone and the nerves melted away shortly.

Me: Do you recall having any odd or funny on-set stories about yourself or any of the other cast/crew members?
AX: So, in a scene with Angel Bradford, I was being kicked at by her and I threw myself back and on the ground. Her reaction was priceless!! She really looked concerned lol 

Another funny thing from a different movie, Chainsaw Cheerleaders, was that I fell asleep on set while everyone was outside. I was woken up super fast by the sound of a blood-curdling scream coming from outside. I instantly jumped up and ran outside because I thought someone had fallen on the chainsaw or something. It turned out to be the guy playing my henchman. That scream was insanely high-pitched.

Me: As well, you also have a role in the fan film "Friday the 13th: Jason in Indianapolis" as well as some musical participation. How did that come about?
AX: The second film is Friday the 13th: Jason in Indianapolis a fan film. I have a small part in it but also I have made some of the music for it. Not only do I love being an actress, I love making music. This film has a release date of September 13, 2024.

Well, I’ve been friends with Samuel Schmucker for a bit and he sent me a message on Facebook asking if I’d like to be in it. I love Friday the 13th so I was super excited to accept the invitation.

Me: You’ve also participated in the all-star collaboration Topless Tori’s Tomb of Terror with the segments Date-A-Mate Becky Lou and 1-900-MADAM-ANYA. How did you become involved in the project and how did your segments come about?
AX: I saw a post on Facebook and sent in a message to Tony Masiello about a role. I was given ideas and transformed them into my style. What’s funny is I was at my super country sister’s house and she had a chicken I put in the date-a-mate character, Becky Lou.

Me: Working as a director for the segments for the first time, did it challenge you to be involved in various capacities at once on a project like this? How do you balance those priorities during a shoot?
AX: It was sort of challenging but what I did was acted out my parts over and over on camera. Then watched to see what I liked and disliked. I balanced the acting, writing, and directing fairly easily because I’m a multitasker. I felt super comfy doing all of it at the same time.

Me: You’re also working in the upcoming Hollywood Werewolf as Chase. What drew you to the character? What can you tell us about it?
AX: I love working with James Balsamo. He has super fun characters. I could have the freedom to make my character what I wanted her to be. I was actually in Mexico at the time of filming, so I did it remotely. James thought my parts In it were hilarious so I’m still excited about that. That was a super fun movie with lots of great actors, actresses, musicians, etc.

Me: What else are you working on that you'd like to share with our readers?
AX: Well, I’m waiting on scripts for "Empire Down" (series) and Halloween the 31st and am so excited I get to meet more awesome people and work with them for this film. So excited to be a part of these too. I’m also getting deeper into photography, which I love. I love being creative as much as possible.

Me: Lastly, being that this is our Women in Horror Movement, what special message do you have for any women out there looking to join in the industry in any capacity as you are one yourself? Thank you again for your time!
AX: If you want to get into the industry, go for it, but don’t trash-talk everyone in the industry if you are not chosen for a role. I see that a lot. If you want to Act, bring your A-game and audition as much as possible. Remember this is a hard industry in which hard workers succeed. Do not give up! You can do it!! Network network network!!

You can find me under @anaxaden on Instagram, Ana Xaden on Facebook and YouTube, and TikTok. I’m actively searching for new film castings and modeling or music gigs. Thank you for your awesome time and have a rockin' week!!

Thank you so much for catching up with me and have an awesome night!!

This interview ran as part of our 2024 Women in Horror Movement celebrations! Click the banner below to check out our complete coverage:

Comments