WiHM Special - Regina Sue


An upcoming actress just entering the industry, Regina Sue is set to make an impact as a featured character in the upcoming film "The Slasher Nurse" from Slasher 15 Productions. Now, in honor of Women in Horror Month, I talk with her about her early interest in acting, her work on the film, and upcoming projects.

Me: Hello and thank you for taking the time to do this. First off, when did you get into horror in general? What films specifically got you into watching horror movies?
Regina Sue: Hello! Thank you for giving me this opportunity :)

I have been into horror for as long as I can remember. If there was a scary movie that my mom said I couldn't watch, I'd peek around the corner and watch. Pumpkinhead, Nightmare on Elm Street moves, and The Friday the 13th movies are some of the movies that sucked me into the horror world.

Me: When did you initially discover a passion for acting? What aspect of this industry appeals to you?
RS: When I was in 5th Grade. Our school had Juggling, Square Dancing, and Plays as part of our gym time. Those of us interested would also do these things for PTA night, and we would go around to other schools and perform for them. I also took drama for a semester in H.S.

Me: Is there any specific type of character you prefer playing? What do you look for in a character to be excited and interested in playing it?
RS: I prefer the bad guy, whether it's a slasher film or a paranormal one. I love being a character in a film where there are twists and turns in the end.

Me: That brings us to your latest project, "The Slasher Nurse." What can you tell us about the project and your character Grace?
RS: I was cast in Slasher 15's latest film, "The Slasher Nurse." Dave Kerr raised 70,000 on Indiegogo for this project. We were blessed to be able to have some amazing celebrities in our film, such as Brian Bremer from Pumpkinhead, Jim Krut from Dawn of the Dead, Diana Prince from Joe Bob, Beverly Randolph from Return of the Living Dead, and Felissa Rose from Sleepaway Camp

The Slasher Nurse is about a prank that goes wrong, leaving one person dead, and another institutionalized. Ten years later, a group of friends are partying at a cabin in the woods unaware that a deranged psychiatric patient has escaped and is out for revenge.

My Character Grace is the childhood friend of Piper( the Slasher Nurse). Here is the link to our trailer for The Slasher Nurse:

Me: What do you do to stay in character while on-set? When you're not filming, how do you pass the time between takes?
RS: I try not to talk/joke around too much. Most of the stuff I have done is serious. In between takes, I may talk a little, but I am usually going over my script.

Me: What was the set like while shooting the film? How did the cast and crew react to the type of film being made?
RS: The sets were awesome. We had amazing locations. It was so much fun! Everyone in front and behind the cameras were professional and very helpful. I am now a proud member of the Slasher 15 family. The Cast members are huge horror fans like me. Some of them are repeat cast members from past films, and some are new like me. Everyone loved every minute of filming. We were sad to see it end, but we stayed in touch, and hang out occasionally.

Me: Do you recall having any odd or funny on-set stories about yourself or any of the other cast/crew members?
RS: Oh yes. Some of the non-scripted lines that were belted out were hilarious. There was also a time were a fly was pestering us during filming. Had to start over a few times. I hope Dave puts that on the bloopers at the end haha.

Me: What are you most looking forward to about the film getting released?
RS: I am looking forward to sharing all of our hard work with the world. Dave is a great writer and director, the cast and crew are amazing, and they deserve to be seen.

Me: How do you do to keep your creative energy flowing?
RS: I make sure that the character I am going for is actually interesting. I think it's important to put feelings behind every word. I memorize my lines, then add my own flare to it.

Me: What else are you working on that you’d like to share with our readers?
RS: As of right now, I am not working on anything. I am recovering from a head and neck injury, and hope to return sometime in May.

Me: Lastly, being that this is our Women in Horror Movement, what special message do you have for any women out there looking to join in the industry in any capacity as you are one yourself? Thank you again for your time!
RS: I say just go for it. Sky is the limit! I started 12 years ago doing background work to watch how it was done, then I started a resume. Since then, besides Slasher Nurse, I have had speaking roles on A Haunting, Who Killed Jane Doe, Evil Stepmothers, and other things.

This interview ran as part of our 2024 Women in Horror Movement celebrations! Click the banner below to check out our complete coverage:

Comments