WiHM Special - Lisa Neeld


Having joined me previously for a spotlight, I'm thrilled to welcome back Lisa Neeld to talk about the upcoming film "The Girl 2" and some other upcoming projects.

Me: Hello and thank you for returning to this! Since last we spoke, you’ve seen your most recent collaboration with filmmaker Len Kabasinski, "Pact of Vengeance," get released. What can you tell us about it and you’re character Ally?
Lisa Neeld: Thanks so much for including me! Greatly appreciated 🙂 

Filming Len Kabasinski's "Pact Of Vengeance" was absolutely amazing! I played Ally, the wife of main character Jan. My character was such a badass! She is super tough and wow, can she fight! She does get taken for leverage, but nonetheless her toughness prevails 🙂

Me: How have you seen your relationship together evolve over time as you’re collaborations continue?
LN: I've been working with Len since "Skull Forest" in 2011. I think we have a great understanding of each other, I know what he expects on set, and he knows I can deliver it. Len is amazing to work with, I'm honored to be included in his films.

Me: As well, you’re also involved in a follow-up to the film "The Girl" from Travis Bowen. What was it like to return to the role once again? What type of connection do you have with the character Amanda to come back?
LN: Being back on set for Travis Bowen was really special to me. Travis was the one who gave me my first big role, in "The Girl" way back in 2010! I didn't have any acting experience at that point, and Travis gave me a chance. I will always be thankful!  Reconnecting with my character Amanda, the emotions of the character came back very quickly. I was able to deepen the way the character was being portrayed, and it was one of the most fun roles I have played, both in the original and in The Girl 2.

Me: What type of prep-work, if any, did you go through to back into that type of mindset? When you weren’t filming, how do you pass the time between takes?
LN: To get back into the mindset of Amanda, I rewatched the original several times. I also would envision the way my character would act and the emotions she would feel now 10 years later. Then I would deepen those emotions and fit the scenes the way I think Amanda would be portrayed the best. During long film days, I would study the script and run lines with the other actors.  I typically don't like to "over" rehearse, as I don't like to get too robotic, as I'm more of a Meisner technique actress 🙂 

Me: What was the set like while shooting the film? How did the cast and crew react to the type of film being made?
LN: The set of TG2 was really fun and I think everyone involved really enjoyed their time being involved. 

Me: Do you recall having any odd or funny on-set stories about yourself or any of the other cast/crew members?
LN: There definitely were a lot of funny moments that happened on set! There were a lot of special moments too! I was so happy that my husband and my son, both had roles in the film. It meant a lot to me that they were involved 🙂 

Me: What are you most looking forward to with its upcoming release?
LN: TG2 premiered at Movies 8 Theater in Boardman, Ohio on February 4th, 2024. It was absolutely AMAZING! The talent in this film, and the crew,  all are beyond awesome!!!

Me: Outside of these films, you've also landed roles in several other indie and non-genre films. What are you most looking forward to getting to work with familiar names and those you haven’t worked with before?
LN: I enjoy every minute I'm on a set. I love working with people I've worked with in the past, and look forward to working with new people. I'm grateful and honored to those that allow me to bring their vision to life 🙁 I never take it for granted. 

Me: What else are you working on that you’d like to share with our readers?
LN: I just finished up working with Michael Leo Centi on his film "Christmas Bloodbath" and wow, was it fun! Michael is so amazing and such a wonderful person! Also just recently worked with Matt Burns and Mark Byrne on "Blood And Breakfast" OMG, did I have the best time! So much fun working with Matt and Mark, what amazing people and sooooooo much fun! Can't wait to see both of these films when done!

Me: Lastly, being that this is our Women in Horror Movement, what special message do you have for any women out there looking to join in the industry in any capacity as you are one yourself? Thank you again for your time!
LN:  Women looking to get involved in the industry........DO IT!!!!!!!!! Don't hesitate, reach out to people, get involved, it is absolutely amazing! Don't second guess, just go for it! You can do it 🙁 

Thank you so much for including me! 

This interview ran as part of our 2024 Women in Horror Movement celebrations! Click the banner below to check out our complete coverage:

Comments