WiHM Special - Kelsey Livengood (Mischief)


Having talked with her previously, I'm thrilled to welcome back Kelsey Livengood (Mischief) to talk about some of her new and upcoming projects including her work with Acrostar Films and other indie films.

Me: Hello and thank you for agreeing to return! Since last we spoke, you’ve seen a spike in your acting career with several new projects announced! What can you tell us about your recent rush of projects?
Kelsey Livingood: I have been doing TONS more of auditions and just putting myself out there for all types of roles!!!!!

Just this year I will be filming (so far, new projects are coming that haven't been announced) Clowny, Clown Motel 3, The Smilemaker, Babezilla Vs the Cyber Skanks, and Grinners.

Me: Having performed in several features for indie filmmaker S.J. Hermann and his company Acrostar Films, what about his style and approach keeps bringing you around to work with him?
KL: He is soooo down to earth and very sweet but is great with giving directions on how he wants to see the scene! He also has a FAST tunraound time on his films which is amazing

Me: Your first work together, "Attack of the Corn Zombies," saw you play several characters in the feature. What do you remember your time filming the short?
KL: It was such a fun and laid-back set!!! We went and ate at Subway dressed as zombies and it was an immediate family dynamic after getting on set


Me: Returning to work with him on the short "Sorority Babes" which he produced, did that help to make you more comfortable not just with him but the rest of his stock group of actors and actresses?
KL: Oh absolutely everyone on the Acrostar team is so amazingly helpful and kind!

Me: What has been the most memorable experience that you've had based on your collaboration together?
KL: Bringing together so many iconic upcoming scream queens for the sorority babes short (and soon to be the feature night of the dead sorority babes) it felt like a soul family that I hadn't met yet!! 

Me: Outside of his films, you've also landed roles in several other indie genre films like "The Dead Place" and "Day of the Cicada." What have these experiences added to your repertoire as an actress?
KL: I LOVED working with Michael Pickle (director) of The Dead Place! He is a very efficient director and speaks fully about what you can do to make the scene the way he envisions it! He is also super supportive of other works I have been in <3 working with David Howard Thornton (Art from Terrifier) was also a treat, watching him dive headfirst into the character "The New Kid" was such a blessing to witness. 

I also loved working with Dave Bailey (director) of The Day of the Cicada, we used actual real-life cicadas on set and he was very diligent to make sure none of them were harmed in the making of his movie. He helped me overcome my fear of bugs and I liked that he pushed the boundaries of my fear with this role


Me: While still performing regularly as your character Mischief, does working more regularly outside of that persona add a different tone and feel to your creative output?
KL: Oh my gosh, yes, it has given me a newfound appreciation for my "real" face and has really boosted my confidence in and out of clown makeup!! It's been great getting to use my real face in projects. 

Me: What else are you working on that you'd like to share with our readers?
KL: I am working on quite a few projects this year which I mentioned above!! I am also touring on top of that big list at Villain Art tattoo conventions, horror, and haunt conventions so check out my page facebook.com/mischieftheclown to see if I'm coming to a city near you!

Me: Lastly, being that this is our Women in Horror Movement, what special message do you have for any women out there looking to join in the industry in any capacity as you are one yourself? Thank you again for your time!
KL: My special message is no matter what your body type get up and get out there!! I am plus-sized and proud of it!!! Your body does not define your worth. Get out there and do the damn thing!! Be loud, Take up room, and be the badass you were born to be <3 

Please keep up with me and my adventures at allmylink.com/mischieftheclownofficial

This interview ran as part of our 2024 Women in Horror Movement celebrations! Click the banner below to check out our complete coverage:

Comments