WiHM Special - Jenny Lambert


An actress working as an integral part of the award-winning horror/comedy series Deadgars Dark Coffin Classics, Jenny Lambert is working on carrying her career forward with the success of the show going forward. Now, in honor of Women in Horror Month, I talk with her about her early interest in the genre, some memorable experiences on the show and some upcoming projects.


Me: Hello and thank you for taking the time to do this. First off, when did you get into horror in general?
Jenny Lambert: Hello Don. I have liked and pretty much have only watched Horror since I was 4 from when I can remember. I love the chills and thrills.

Me: Were you into genre films growing up? What films specifically got you into watching horror movies?
JL: Vincent Price movies all the time. He is definitely an amazing icon, Bela Lugosi, to Friday the 13th, oh my, so many to say that touched me... or not. Horror of all genres to this day.

Me: How did you get started on the show 'Deadgars Dark Coffin Classics?' What can you tell us about the show?
JL: Very easy question and it made history in our books. Deadgar and I met on New Year's Eve 2019. He then made a comment on a post I made, we started talking. Went on a date the next day and That's right when our lives started. In February 2019 was my first appearance on Deadgars Dark Coffin Classics. We have an amazing time and cast. A Lot of fun! Deadgar and Storm got married on the show Bride of the Monster. Our real wedding, Jennifer and Curt, is in 2022.

We also have a fun site for our fans to win gift cards, our homemade hot sauces and merchandise called Deadgars Creatures Club. Deadgar has been a Horror Host for 12 years. I am truly blessed. 

Me: How would you describe your character on the show? What appeals to you about playing her?
JL: As Deadgar says, my character is ...A beautiful, mysterious, mesmerizing, strong-willed Witch/Vampire that will stop at nothing to protect my family and friends and keep a balance between Mommy/Rynn and Deadgar.


Me: What kind of planning goes into the shooting of the segments between everyone?
JL: Deadgar and I write the skits and pick the movies, we also like our cast and crew to get involved and come up with ideas for the show. We like to keep everyone on the show involved. We kind of have a round table discussion after every show with our crew about the next shows.

Me: From looking at the start of the show to your most recent episodes, how have you changed as an actress and performer?
JL: I was never nervous. I have always been very sociable and open to great experiences I have become a more accomplished actress. I feel I have gained more knowledge on different genres of Horror. Different actors I never realized in a lot of Classics you still see in movies to this day, for instance, the one and only infamous Jack Nicholson. 

Me: What has been the most memorable or unique experience you remember about shooting the series?
JL: Every show is memorable but the most memorable is when Deadgar and I got hitched on the show.

Me: What are your current plans to continue the show under the current state of the world at large? 
JL: This is one reason we started something fun for our fans, Deadgars Creatures Club. Also, the ideas we all have flowing for our future plans with the show as you will see. We also like to travel to haunted locations around the country. We really want to start doing events again once they start opening to see and meet our fans. 

Me: What else are you working on that you'd like to share with our readers?
JL: I am truly a very earthly Witch. Born and raised. Also a Cosmetologist. I love woodworking which Deadgar and I have many plans for the show, also added to merchandise and more. I'm also being featured in a Vixen's of Horror Calendar for 2022. I don't want to give too much away right now. Very soon our friends.

Me: Lastly, being that this is Women in Horror Month, what special message do you have for any women out there looking to join in the industry in any capacity as you are one yourself? Thank you again for your time!
JL: As a woman, you really have to be aware of your surroundings and people. Sometimes men and women reach out to you in improper ways is all I will say. So, ladies, be true to who you are. being in character is another thing but always remember, you always have a block button. In-person fans are great. some like to hang out awhile while I am meeting others. It's great. I don't want to scare anyone. It's a blast and we meet so many different fans. That's what I love about it. Just stay on guard.

Thank you so very much Don for reaching out and giving me this big opportunity to share my Soulmate, fabulous cast and About myself.
As we say at Deadgars Dark Coffin Classics ~ Happy Nightmares ~
~Storm Winter~

This interview ran as part of our Women in Horror Month celebrations. Click the banner below to check out all of our reviews and interviews about the occasion:

Comments