Interview - Jason Asuncion (Star of 'Camp Death III")


One of the most enjoyable horror/comedies I've had the pleasure of seeing, Camp Death III in 2D, is coming soon to Amazon Prime streaming and I've been able to conduct a few interviews with the cast and crew of the production to help promote that release. Here's the first of these special interviews, with star Jason Asuncion who plays Jesus Hernandez Jr. in the film.


Me: Hello, and thank you for the time to do this. Having grown up in the Philippines, were you always into movies and TV as a kid?

Jason Asuncion: YES! from sneaking to watch late night TV when I was a Child  (Benny Hill Show, Three's Company) to Miami Vice, 21 Jump Street as  Teen up to Dexter and Breaking Bad as an Adult

Me: What specifically attracted you to bodyguard and security work?

JA: I am Big compared to the majority of Filipinos,  and I grew up in a tough neighborhood with 2 older and bigger brothers and 2 tough as nails sisters in Manila.. not to mention my Mom and Grandma were very brave women :-)

Me: Do you prefer to be recognized for your security work or your acting roles?

JA: I'm already known as one if not the best Bouncer / Bodyguard in Manila, and even won awards here in Vancity for Bouncing and Body Guarding, so now I prefer to be noticed as a good actor.

Me: Is there any real difference too working in the Philippines as opposed to being in Canada?

JA: YES.. lets just there is more danger working security in the Philippines

Me: Do you prefer working in select genres of film or going for work in general?

JA: Ill take em all! the more different the better:-)


Me: As for your new movie, ‘Camp Death III," what can you tell us about your character in particular?

JA: The story of my character Jesus Hernandez Jr. is great, He a bonified Bad Ass, caught his wife cheating on him, used the man's head to smash his wife's head, ended up crazy, now his being "Rehabilitated" in Camp Crystal Meph

Me: What type of mindset do you get into while preparing for a scene before filming?

JA: Depends on the Role, in Camp Death I just stayed angry all the time. If not on camera I sleep so I'll wake up grumpy (true story)

Me: Is this a particular brand of comedy you enjoy performing in?

JA: YES!! no censors, no limits..and I get to SING!

Me: What was the set like while shooting the film? How did the cast and crew react to the type of film being made?

JA: Almost everybody enjoyed it!

Me: Do you recall having any odd or funny on-set stories about yourself or any of the other cast/crew members?

JA: ummmmmmmm let the other cast tell the stories. As I said, most time camera not rolling on me I was asleep

Me: Lastly, what particular location you've never visited would you like to film at?

JA: United Kingdom.

Camp Death III in 2D! is being released February 15th on Amazon Prime.

Comments