WiHM Special - Brandi Lyn Dalton


An upcoming indie actress with her first work set to come out shortly, Brandi Lyn Dalton is set to unleash her skills on the world as she's already scored plenty of credits this early in her career. Now, in honor of Women in Horror Month, I talk with her about her early interest in acting, some of her latest projects, and some upcoming films of hers.

Me: Hello and thank you for taking the time to do this. First off, when did you get into horror in general? What films specifically got you into watching horror movies?
Brandi Lyn Dalton: Hi Don, thank you for the opportunity for this interview. To answer your first question, The ExorcistThe Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Jaws to name a few from the late 70s and 80s.

Me: When did you initially discover a passion for acting? What aspect of this industry appeals to you?
BLD: I’ve worked in other aspects of the entertainment industry, so role-playing and entertaining has always been a thing for me the aspects that appealed to me the most is being able to experience many lifetimes in one lifetime by playing many different roles.

Me: Is there any specific type of character you prefer playing? What do you look for in a character to be excited and interested in playing it?
BLD: Specific characters I prefer playing or ones that I can go dig deep and show emotion one that I can cry, scream,  or get loud are my favorites.

Me: What do you do to stay in character while on-set? When you're not filming, how do you pass the time between takes?
BLD: When I’m dressed and in makeup, I literally become my character. I tend to stay to myself and go over my lines often or record myself on my cell phone and playback so I can see what I look like when I’m acting out parts.

Me: Your first completed work is the upcoming The Legend of Crick Foot. What can you tell us about it and your first time being on a film set?
BLD: The Legend of Crick Foot is a mockumentary based off of a Bigfoot-type character if you will I filmed my scene with Shannon Atkins we played sisters she’s the believer and I’m non-believer. The whole thing was improved and done in one take!!

Me: With a stacked cast of talented indie actors and actresses involved, what tips and tricks have you learned as an actress?
BLD: I’ve learned as an actress is, don’t take yourself so seriously laugh at yourself. We all mess up.

Me: Do you recall having any odd or funny on-set stories about yourself or any of the other cast/crew members?
BLD: The funniest onset or memory that I could share is driving home in full makeup I’ve played a dead woman a few times the looks, I get are hilarious, especially going through a drive-through.

Me: As well, you’re also involved in the upcoming Hellvira’s Haunted Asylum of Horror. What initially attracted you to working on the film?
BLD: Hellvira Haunted Asylum of Horror is different from anything that I’ve ever been cast in before. I’m Stabbatha, she’s a knife, it’s a voiceover role!

Me: With you being attached to other upcoming genre efforts like Anna Key, Halloween the 31st: The Curse Continues and Z-Ero: Rise of the Coven, what are you most looking forward to getting to work with familiar names and those you haven’t worked with before?
BLD: Being a part of this community of actors, we all run into each other frequently I would say, Jesse L. Green and I are in the most movies together. I’ve met some really incredible people so far. Jim Krut, you know him from Dawn of the Dead, Beatrice Boepple from Nightmare on Elm Street, Nancy Ann Ritter from Scream, and Lisa Neeld-Infante, she’s a former Playmate Cover Model to name a few.

Me: How do you do to keep your creative energy flowing?
BLD: Creativity and keeping my energy flowing is easy I’m an artist I love creating all kinds of art. I started a custom cake business a few years ago and I started creating some incredible ones! I named my business Aunt B’s, some of my cakes are so realistic I often hear my clients say they don’t want to cut them and eat them! Great compliment!

Me: What else are you working on that you’d like to share with our readers?
BLD: I believe this last year I’ve been a part of 10 or so films I’m getting ready to wrap up Blood and Breakfast, a Mark Byrne film. I play Natalie, the proprietor of a bed-and-breakfast it’s a murder mystery. I’ve had a blast playing this character!

I recently modeled for Horror Freaks Magazine where I got to reveal my character Bewitching Bakerella, she likes to grind bones to make fresh bread. I’ve got so many exciting projects that are on the cusp of announcement.

Me: Lastly, being that this is our Women in Horror Movement, what special message do you have for any women out there looking to join in the industry in any capacity as you are one yourself? Thank you again for your time!
BLD: My special message would be just go for it always be genuine and true. Stay humble work your ass off you got this.






This interview ran as part of our 2024 Women in Horror Movement celebrations! Click the banner below to check out our complete coverage:

Comments