WiHM Special - Renee Graham


An upcoming actress on the heels of several notable credits in indie genre films, Renee Graham has a fine start to her career with these early roles bringing her in connection with bigger roles to come in the future. Now, in honor of Women in Horror Month, I talk with her about her early interest in the industry, her experiences working on several films so far and some upcoming projects.


Me: Hello and thank you for taking the time to do this. First off, were you into genre films growing up? What films specifically got you into watching horror movies?
Renee Graham: Well My first horror movie ever was Halloween and it drew me in right away. The music made it even scarier for me it became a favorite of mine I watched it every Halloween after that with my mom until she passed away when I was 14. After that, the Halloween franchise became my favorite due to those memories.

Me: How did you come to be involved in the industry as an actress? Was there any specific aspect that appealed to you from an early age?
RG: About 3 years ago, I went to a convention in Cherry Hill, New Jersey where I met the stars of Halloween 2018. I also made some connections there which in turn helped me get into the industry.

Mw: You’re involved in several upcoming genre efforts, starting with Backwoods Bubba. What drew you to your character Jill?
RG: As far as Jill in Backwoods Bubba that was awesome to do very gruesome unfortunately my part got cut but great news I’m cast to be in Backwoods Bubba 2 and that is aiming to be filmed towards the end of summertime. I’m really looking forward to it!

Me: Being involved in a film with as many prominent indie actors and actresses as this one does, what have you learned being around them that you’ve really taken to your next projects?
RG: I’ve also done a short with Brad Thomasson I was a sheriff that came to a little rough patch when she ran into a scary monster lol it’s The Howling Hick. I will probably be in more of his films a great guy to work with! And I’m speaking to Chuck about returning to do a film with him in the future.

Me: You’re also in the upcoming “Holy Shit Man” as Candy. What can you tell us about your character Candy?
RG: Due to COVID 19, we were never able to film Can You Smell the Flowers so my first film was Holy Shit Man I played candy she is a little on the freaky side with her two co-stars and might seem innocent but she isn’t and the crazed plumber sets his eyes in her wait until you see that part lol.

Me: What else are you working on that you'd like to share with our readers?
RG: I have ventured out and have done a music video with Liquid Talent Agency it will be released in April.

Me: Lastly, being that this is Women in Horror Month, what special message do you have for any women out there looking to join in the industry in any capacity as you are one yourself? Thank you again for your time!
RG: My goals are to be in many more movies and music videos and hopefully meet some awesome people as I have so far and I’d. Love to work with Danielle Harris she is my favorite! So far it’s been a fun journey and I’m looking forward to much more!

This interview ran as part of our Women in Horror Month celebrations. Click the banner below to check out all of our reviews and interviews about the occasion:

Comments