WiHM Special - Lisa Bagby


An upcoming actress looking to get her career going, Lisa Bagby is looking to utilize her skills in order to start her career working in front of and behind the camera with her real-world skillset being put to use. Now, in honor of Women in Horror Month, I talk with her about her early interest in the industry, her experiences working on several upcoming films and other future films.


Me: Hello and thank you for taking the time to do this. First off, where did you get the urge to get into acting?
Lisa Bagby: I decided to go into acting after the death of the love of my life, my husband who passed away three years ago, suddenly to pancreatic cancer. He told me that I was beautiful and smart, not to waste one day. He said to go live a great adventure. So I decided to follow my lifelong dream of being an actor.

Me: Were you always into genre films growing up? What films specifically got you into watching horror movies?
LB: Growing up I watched a lot of Westerns. You know, the usual, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, and of course Little House on the Prairie. Living on a 100-acre ranch in Eastern Oregon with a family of 5 and only one TV you watched what everyone else was interested in.

It wasn't until my teenage years that I discovered the horror genre. I remember watching Christine, Carrie, A Nightmare on Elm Street to name a few although my favorite has to be Cujo that I remember watching the first time with my mom. Oh, and Candyman lol. We used to repeat his name five times in the mirror, and well, I'm still alive.

Me: Is there any specific type of character you prefer playing? What do you look for in a character to be excited and interested in playing it?
LB: At this point of only being in the industry for a year, I have no favorite. I'm ecstatic about every character I've been cast into. It's easy for me to become the character, acting to me has been like second nature. It's like I was born to do this. It's been a great journey so far. I've met so many helpful people and only a few, well, negative ones who I just disassociate with immediately. I have no time for drama or hate.

Me: With many of your projects still in development, are you intrigued at the prospect of your career beginning as fast as it is?
LB: I'm very intrigued that my acting career is developing as fast as it is. Sometimes I just sit back and say wow. Who would have thought? I just figure God has a plan and I don't know what that is yet but as long as I'm moving forward I figure I must be doing something right.

Me: One of those projects is the upcoming drama 'Shooter in Texas,' based on a real story. How did that come about?
LB: Recently I have been cast as a reporter "Becky Rae" in the movie Shooter in Texas that's currently in pre-production based on a true story about the Walmart shooter. A tragic event, to listen to some of their stories is so heartbreaking.

Me: As well, you were recently cast in the film 'The Sacrificed.' What can you tell us about your character Evelyn Green?
LB: I'm very excited about Jonathan Moody's new project "The Sacrificed" where I have been cast as Evelyn Green. You can join me on Echo Lake Universe for all updates and casting announcements. This is going to be an epic adventure you're not going to want to miss. That's all I can say about it right now lol!

Me: You’re working as a set medic and assistant director on the upcoming film 'The Mob King.' How did that come about?
LB: March 2021 we filmed the fan film “The Last Of Us” it was such a great experience for everyone involved. I had the entire cast and crew up here on Bagby Mountain. Ellie even rode on my horse in the film. Tommy Jackson was the Director of the project. He's a filmmaker from Chicago who's been a life long fan of the games. He made a fan film for it back in high-school, but now that he's advanced and graduated from film school, he wanted to give it another shot! He doesn't only direct, but also shoots, edits, produces, and writes his content. We had people from 5 different states here all working together to make magic! Release date April 20th!

Me: How do you keep your creative energy flowing when you’re not acting?
LB: I keep my creative energy flowing by writing. I'm finishing a book I've been working on for the last year. I AM THAT GIRL based on a kind of horror story of my own true events that took place in 2019 where lies, bullying, harassment, false reporting and a suicide almost ruined my life. I decided not to give up and started taking my life back chapter and chapter and well, here I am!

Me: What else are you working on that you'd like to share with our readers?
LB: I'm currently working on getting the word out about my Oregon Guide Service "Leave Her Wild LLC" where film scouts can contact me if interested in filming in Oregon and I can help them locate the perfect location and share the beauty of Oregon.

One of my favorite projects I'm working on is "West Bound 18 Wheeler" directed by and starring Randall Rutledge. I'm so excited about this story where I am a producer and also have been cast as saloon girl Miss Abbey. It is an action-oriented Western Comedy adventure when two trucker buddies drive through raging sandstorms, they are propelled back in time to the bygone day of the American Old West. It is written by Randall and Dan Grant and is a finalist in an international film festival and the winner is to be announced on March 21 in Miami, Oklahoma at the Coleman Theater.

I'm also working on 2 new projects “Widow Creek”  and “Oregon’s Ghost Adventures” both projects are going to be a hair-raising good time!

Me: Lastly, being that this is Women in Horror Month, what special message do you have for any women out there looking to join in the industry in any capacity as you are one yourself? Thank you again for your time!
LB: My advice is to listen to everyone! Take the ups with the downs, high with the lows. Not everyone is your friend, not everyone is kind, not everyone wants the best for you. Stay strong, vigilant and never give up. Don't count the days, make the days count. If you fail get up and try again. Don't take more than you give and don't give more than you take. Keep a level head, stay true to who you are. You should never have to change your values for anyone. But most of all, live it wild, get your nature in. Pray, be kind. You never know what someone else might be going through.

This interview ran as part of our Women in Horror Month celebrations. Click the banner below to check out all of our reviews and interviews about the occasion:

Comments