WIHM Special - Loca Llorona


An up-and-coming modeling star in her group Deadly Darlings, Loca Llorona is making a name for herself as the group makes a name for themselves through their macabre genre-based photoshoots. Now, in honor of Women in Horror Month, I talk with her about her start as a model, the creation of the Deadly Darlings group and the creation of their photoshoots.



Me: Hello and thank you for taking the time to do this. First off, where did you get the urge to get into acting?
LL: Honestly when I was 12 and my mom bought me my own video camera. My sister and I would spend hours making our own 1920s horror films in our bedroom.

Me: Were you always into genre films growing up? What films specifically got you into watching horror movies?
LL: I loved the classics. everything Stephen King, Children of the Corn, Poltergeist.

Me: When did you decide to start focusing on your modeling career? When did you find it was important to add a horror focus to the shoots?
LL: I started Modeling/Acting when I was 19 I worked with a company who did all the casting for Disney and Nickelodeon. I didn't get truly focused until about 2 years ago when I did my first horror shoot and I fell in love! Being creepy is Me and there is no acting involved, I've always liked scaring people and my favorite is to give my photographer chills while shooting me.

Me: You started the modeling group Deadly Darlings. How did that come together? What is the overall goal of the company?
LL: The Deadly Darlings was founded by Dolly Rawten and she invited me into the group after noticing one of my first shoots on Instagram. We are an alternative women's modeling group located in the PNW who specialize in alluring Macabre concepts. We believe beauty can be found in even the darkest, creepiest corners of the world and want to share that with our followers. We attended some of the biggest horror conventions in our area and this year we will be hosting one of the after-hours get-togethers for Crypticon and can't wait to see all of our faithful followers there once again this year!

Me: Before shooting, how close do you work with the rest of the crew in preparing for these?
LL: In All of my shoots there is at least a month of planning before the shoot actually happens. I make myself available for my models to come to me with questions. Planning for shoots with the Darlings is a group effort and well all bounce ideas off of one another and because of the communication we all have...Well, our shoot always rock socks and I believe we even amaze ourselves sometimes.


Me: Once on-set, what is the process like getting ready for a new spread?
LL: Making sure everyone knows their jobs, their times and staying focused. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm a fun-loving sometimes goofball but when on set I'm all about making sure everyone knows my vision and knows their part in that vision.

Me: What are the sets like while shooting new work? How do the models and crew react to the type of photoshoots being created?
LL: 99 percent of the time they are totally psyched to do something different. Secretly everyone loves being afraid. That's why we go see Horror movies at the Theater right? the photographers love being apart of it and they get so excited And so do the models.

Me: Do you recall having any odd or funny on-set stories about yourself or any of the other crew members?
LL: Most of my shoots are in public, I'd say the funniest thing is watching people watch you apply blood to yourself, or for myself, I like to fill my mouth with edible blood and let it drip down my face naturally haha... needless to say I get a lot of odd looks from onlookers.

Me: What are you working on that you'd like to share with our readers?
LL: Right now I am working on a series of shoots about urban legends such as La Llorona (My modeling name) and of course us Darlings are planning for Crypticon 2020 one of our biggest events of the year.

Me: Lastly, being that this is Women in Horror Month, what special message do you have for any women out there looking to join in the industry in any capacity as you are one yourself? Thank you again for your time!
LL: My advice is don't be afraid of being You, I always thought I was weird because of my love for horror and who knew there were so many just like me out here. The world deserves to see your passion, drive and creativity. So share it with us.

To follow the Deadly Darlings, check them out on social media:
Facebook
Instagram

This interview ran as part of our month-long Women in Horror Month celebrations. Click the banner below to check out all of our interviews and reviews we've conducted for the event:

Comments